Wednesday, May 10, 2017

SMASHBOX VOXBOX

Today I'll be reviewing this foundation and primer thanks to Smashbox Cosmetics and Influenster.

Smashbox recently sent me their Studio Skin Foundation in shade 2.2 and their Photo Finish Primer to test out, and I'm quite impressed with the results. The foundation looks darker before it is blended in, so at first I thought it would be too dark for my skin tone. However after blending, it did end up matching my skin tone, so I'd definitely test it out before you purchase.

It is truly great for any photoshoot you are doing. In combination with the primer, it keeps you looking matte and flawless for 15 hours. I used to never use primer, and never understood the hype about it, until I tried this photo finish primer. Not only does it give you a smooth canvas to start your makeup routine, but it keeps your t-zone oil-free (my favorite part). Using foundation with a primer changed my life.

What's also great is that it has buildable coverage. I don't wear foundation on the daily, so I usually like to wear this type of foundation for either photoshoots or just going out. I would say it's medium to full coverage. It's also perfect for any desert-like environment, because this foundation won't budge.

Here's a recap.

Photo Finish Primer:
+ Doesn't feel oily
+ Makes the skin smooth
+ Reduces appearance of pores
+ Oil-free T-zone (YES)

Studio Skin Foundation (in combination with the primer):
+ Photo ready skin
+ Flawless finish
+ Matte finish
+ Long-lasting wear (15 hour wear)
+ Buildable coverage


Stay updated with me by following my instagram.

2 comments :

  1. How fun! I have never tried a primer either. Sounds like it was great, long lasting coverage.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. If you ask a question, I will answer it in the comments, so be sure to check back.